Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The most pointless thing ever

I'm all about tech and innovation. In fact, I really, really like it. However this seems completely pointless.

It's a video of Ed Zander riding a bike onto the stage of his Motorola keynote address yesterday. (Not sure what the bike had to do with anything.) This particular clip is about a new thing they're coming out with called "Follow Me TV".

"Let's say," he says in a very cheesy, scripted dialog with another man on stage (who, as far as I can tell, walked on stage without the help of a bike), "I'm watching a TV show in the living room and get called in to go to dinner. But I want to take my TV show with me into the kitchen. What then?" (I told you the dialog was cheesy.)

They go on to demonstrate how you can pause live TV and transfer whatever you were watching to another TV in your house, unpause it and pick up right where you left off without missing a beat.

Or, instead of buying this cutting-edge piece of technology, you could change the channel on the TV when you walk into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment