Thursday, March 15, 2007

Accrued vacation time

Marcia stopped by my office today and notified me that I have 97 hours of vacation time I need to use by August. And that's on top of the week I can take off when we have The Bun.

When she told me I had that much time I instantly felt tired. Has it really been that long since I've taken time off?

It feels like it. I think the last time I used my vacation time (aside from a couple days around Christmas) was in September. And that was just one day.

No wonder I'm so worn out.

The way it looks now, I won't be able to use much of it this summer because Gary's going on sabbatical for most of July. I'll be taking at least a week off in May for The Bun's arrival.

So. What's the best way to use the vacation time?

I could take Fridays off for the next three months. Or...

What do you think I should do?

5 comments:

  1. Turn them in for cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I had more time. I only have 10 days a year. I only have 5 left, and I have to use all of them when I have the baby for the week before my short term disability kicks in.

    You should take a long vacation when your baby is born and help out your wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hugh: unfortunately, I don't think that's an option. I can have 40 of them carry over into next year though.

    @Julie: I can use my week of sick time for when the baby come. I may use more then too...but I think I'll still have plenty left over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggest taking two weeks when the baby is born, trust me you will be glad you did. It will not be a vacation, but I was so tired during that time that there was no way I could have functioned at work. If you have more left, 3 day weekends rock. Take as many as you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael. You are SO wise.

    ReplyDelete