Monday, November 5, 2007

A family update


I'm determined not to turn this blog into a mushy, "Oh, my kid did the cutest thing today!" blog. That being said, my kid is really cute. He's setting the curve by being in the 99+ percentile for both weight and height (at his four month checkup he was 20 lbs 9 oz). He's now a little over five months old and we have him in 12 month clothing.

We've recently started feeding him rice cereal which he's been pretty good about eating, but I think it's because he likes sucking on the spoon, not because he likes the cereal.

Anyhoo, if there's anything else you want to know shoot me an e-mail or leave word in the comments.

There are some additional pictures of him here.

8 comments:

  1. Hey--there is nothing wrong with "oh my kid did the cutest thing today" blogs...I wouldn't have sanity without mine. :) And yeah--he is freaking cute. You might want to feed the kid though--he's looking kind of frail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There certainly isn't wrong with those types of blogs, I just didn't want this one to become one. :)

    Yeah. He'd kinda malnourished and underfed. We're thinking of hooking up an IV to help him fill out a bit. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, just so you know, yesterday I put Abbie in 9 month clothes and they were so big they were falling off of her. Yes, she is 18 months old now! If you quit feeding your kid fried twinkies 5 times a day he might fit into normal clothes!!! =) Just kidding, he is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael - maybe you should start feeding your kid fried Twinkies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You little man is soooo cute. I think you should be proud. I can't believe how much of you he has in him. And at least you know he is a healthy little boy. Mine was always in bigger sizes as well. It just means they may sleep better. (=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lil' Stiny is looking dapper, as always. I think Cora is trying to catch up to him. She was almost 19 lbs. at her 4-month checkup lat week, and she's in 9-months clothes. How'd we end up with such big babies?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, you can just go ahead and write all kinds of snappy commentaries of life and stuff, but nothing get the traffic flowing like pics of the kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicola - Thanks, although if he turns out too much like me he's gonna have a rough life. :)

    Rob - Yeah. No kidding! Where did these enormous kids come from? It might have something to do with

    Pat - I'm flattered that someone of you caliber thinks my blog has snappy commentaries. :)

    ReplyDelete