Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter, book 7 in Salt Lake City, Utah

We're about to head out to our local Barnes & Noble to pick up our reserved copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about whether or not Harry lives or dies. I want to know if Snape is good or bad.

I'm sure I'll be up all night reading simultaneously with my wife, just like we did for book six in New York.

We have wrist bands are somewhere in the 150 range. We're not thinking it will take too long since in New York we were number 700-something and, once the line got moving, it only took about 15 minutes to get to the registers.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I went to Wal-Mart tonight not even realizing that it would be busy, and I got caught in a web of hundreds of people...and wristbands. It's crazy I tell you. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So last year, after waiting at B&N for over an hour, a car drove through the waiting crouds outside and yelled, "Smith's has HP books." Knowing I had at least another half hour before my number was up, I sped over to Smiths and there were about 2 other people in the whole store and I walked right up to the regester and bought the book.

    This year though, not so much. Every store in Bountiful that would possibly sell the book was packed. I think I even saw a line forming at Checker Auto parts.

    Long story short "too late," two hours later, I had my book and was back at home. Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...I read the epilogue. Now I have to read the entire series...I have to. How are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got our books relatively quickly. Unfortunately, I'm only 200-something pages in. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just went to Walmart around 9ish in the morning and grabbed 2 off of a huge pallet that was just sitting there. No crowds, it was nice. I still haven't gotten past the first chapter though. I think I don't want to finish it knowing there aren't any more :(

    ReplyDelete