Monday, October 29, 2007

Maybe Walmart employees are already getting paid what they're worth

We had a "going away" party yesterday for a lady at our Little Rock claim office. One of the supervisors called a Wal-Mart and ordered the cake. He told them to write:

"Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that write "We will miss you".




I think if I got that cake I'd proudly display it at a party. It's hilarious.

Really, there are so many things that could be said about Walmart and its employees at this point (there's gotta be some joke about always getting low prices), but I think I'd rather hear your thoughts. Sound off in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. That's just about the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

    Shop local!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most analysts say that you basically get what you pay for at Wal-Mart. In some cases that means that other stores have upped the price. In other cases you are getting a cheaper product or service. If you look at their clothes, for example, they have less buttons, less belt loops, less double stitching, etc. It's not a bad thing -- it's just a lower quality product to match the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You failed English? That's umpossible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to show this to people. I have to link this post to my blog. oh man--HILARIOUS. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all found it as "interesting" as I did. Peter - while I agree with your assessment, it seems like it would be more applicable considering the ingredients of the cake, not the ability to understand basic instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed something to improve my mood and that did the trick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bard Girl - happy I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete