Friday, February 15, 2008

I went and got me one of them iPhones

Yeah. So as I reported earlier in the year, my wife was kind enough to give me a 16 gig iPod Touch for Christmas. I returned it, and have now purchased an iPhone which I promptly unlocked using this very, very easy (and fast) program. Honestly, I set the iPhone on the dock, clicked "Free my iPhone" and two minutes later it was unlocked. I turned it off, put my T-Mobile sim card in and ta-da. An unlocked iPhone that works perfectly.

Yeah. It's pretty cool. No new activation fee. Same "low" monthly T-Mobile bill. No contract. It's a very nice arrangement.

So huge "thank you" to my generous wife who is far kinder and generous a person than I am afraid than I will ever be - and for many more reasons than this gift.

UPDATE: And a not-as-huge "thank you" to Danny for letting me use his Windows machine to do the unlocking.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy. The best electronic device ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you Apple FanBoy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? No "thank you" to the kind and generous individual who loaned you the PC that actually was able to unlock said device? Happy Valentines Day, David... don't forget you promised that you'd loan it to me for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you do Danny. My apologies for not acknowledging your significant role in the procurement of my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you didn't have to say that, Dave. *blushing*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know. But you didn't need to say what you said last night either. Totally inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete