Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Digg Star


I noticed early this morning that the Apple Store was down. I checked the site again a few minutes later and lo and behold, they'd released the 8 Core Mac Pros.

Figuring it hadn't been that long between the store being down and my refresh, I quickly submitted the story to Digg. With some careful crafting of the headline, the story has now been dugg to the front page, with over 1,800 diggs. Shoot, at the moment (about 11:00 am) digg is down completely.

I wish this somehow made me cool. Unfortunately, it doesn't. It's a "right time, right place" scenario. However, if anyone out there would like to pay me to digg their stuff, I'd be open to offers.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You were right on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pay you to rub my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure this makes you the coolest man in the Universe. Not only were you on the front page for a single day, you are on the front page for the week too, if I were you I would start expecting the throngs of people asking for your autograph to appear at the doorstep any day now. You should probably let Melissa know that we are going to need a bigger parking lot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Laura: Thanks. Dumb luck, but thanks. Out of curiosity, how did you find my blog?

    @ Amy: You'll start paying me??

    @ Michael: Will you be my manager?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I watched the live in L.A. diggnation show earlier this week, and there was this Mac article submitted by "rathofbuns" that they featured. I perked up -- what are the chances that another guy out there goes by "rathofbuns" and digs Mac stuff? I checked your digg profile, and the BMW articles cinched it.

    I hope you saw the show -- your article is 36:40 in, towards the end. They made fun of your name, but at least half the crowd loved the article. It did set off a nice series of expletive-laced arguments of Microsoft vs. Apple, but it was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter - Thanks for the heads up. Erin showed me the link to your blog where you mentioned it. I've edited down the video cast and muted the bad words.

    ReplyDelete