Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A strange phenomenon

Every day my left shoe comes untied. Not my right shoe. My left. Every day.

This happens as I walk from the train to work (note: it does not occur as I walk from work to the train). I don't know why it happens but I have, of course, attempted preemptive measures to secure the lace: I tie it really, really tight.

Then I watch to see if it comes untied.

And it always does.

I would assume the laces were to blame except it only happens on the one foot and I have the original laces on both shoes. Those who know me well enough know I have mutated feet. While not quite as hideous as this chick's feet, I have ugly, oddly-shaped feet which may have something to do with it.

Not sure if my shoe coming untied is particularly blog-worthy, but it's what I noticed on my way into work.

4 comments:

  1. it must be the raptor toe's fault! perhaps the way your foot moves within your shoe directly affects the laces and their propensity to loosen only on that one foot. as the day goes on, your foot swells, thus altering the relationship between the foot and the laces, explaining the lack of loosening post-work. now, i haven't reached the foot chapter in my anatomy class, so i can't say that my answer is scientific...but i'll let you know what i find when i get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heid-o you're theory is a brilliant one. I wish there was a way to test it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm...how to test the hypothesis...um...you could wear an extra couple of socks on that foot in the morning to simulate the 'end of day swelling?' i'll have to ponder upon this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock idea is a good one. Best do it before it gets too hot out.

    ReplyDelete