Thursday, May 17, 2007

Yet Twitter persists

Just about everyone's heard about Twitter by now. It's a cool concept with a rabid following and has absolutely exploded in popularity, especially after SXSW.

I have a Twitter account (I have a Twitter feed embedded in my blog right under the "Do not walk in this area after dark" sign) and I post updates from IM and my phone on a fairly regular basis.

What I don't get is how come people, including myself, continue to use it when it's so @#$% buggy. It seems to have issues more often than not.

It seems they've certainly had enough time to work out the bugs, and should have expected the onslaught of users after all the media coverage at SXSW...so why isn't it working?

I wonder how much patience people will have before they give up and move on.

2 comments:

  1. Twitter persists because it feels a need to keep up to date with friends and family without the formality or interruption of phone, IM or email.

    Twitter persists because Twitterific hides the technical issues and problems with the service. They are not important.

    Twitter persists because it allows me to be a fan and follow celebrity's or follow what's happening with people of similar interests. I follow people I don't know as a fan like, Paul Mayne, Grant Hutchinson, Rex Hammock, Phil Windley and others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with your first and last points, but I don't think they do a good job of hiding the technical issues/problems. They are all too frequent and disruptive.

    ReplyDelete