Monday, May 21, 2007

3:28 - The Bun arrives

After just a half hour of pushing, our son arrived healthy, happy and big: 9 lbs 12 oz and 22 inches. (We suspect he's actually longer than that and are waiting on a second opinion.)

My wife...my wife was amazing. I have never felt so much love for any one person. Whenever I looked at her my heart brimmed over with the deepest love and admiration. It literally overwhelmed me.

And then there were two people to share that love with.

I am truly blessed.

7 comments:

  1. wow you are a daddy! It was good to see you and Aim to day! Congrats on Jake! he is the man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is officially the cutest baby ever! You guys did awesome. He's so great. Jake is definitely my new favorite person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahoo for the rathbuns! so jake it is :) congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Congrats friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are super excited for you... and I'm already enjoying calling Doug "Grandpa".

    This post is quite a contrast from http://rathofbuns.blogspot.com/2006/12/why-i-should-write-about-my.html

    ReplyDelete